When does school start?
August 19, 2013
Open House (August 15 – 5:30-7:00)
Teachers have given students their login information.
Listened to a good book lately?
Download audiobooks at no cost to your own device with Oneclick. Click the graphic below to set up your free account. Begin listening today to great books on your own device.
Click below to keep your math skills sharp
Procedure for car riders:
Morning: In the morning, cars need to pull all the way to the east end (6th grade end) of the inside lane only. Once cars stop, students may begin unloading the cars. When cars begin unloading students in the middle or west end, it causes traffic to block on Lakeside Road. Students may be dropped off in the back of the building in the morning as well as in the front.
If you are picking up a 5th grader only at L.M.S., 5th graders are dismissed at 3:15 in the back of the building. (All other students are dismissed at 3:20 – including 5th graders who ride with a 6th or 7th grader.) There will be a single line of cars around the back of the building for you to pick up your 5th grader. If you see that the school buses are already lined up in the back of the building, you will need to come to the front of the building where 5th graders will be sent. We do not allow cars in the back once the buses are lined up back there.
All remaining students are dismissed from their classes at 3:20. They are to line up in groups by grade levels. 7th graders will be closest Lakeside Road, 5th graders will be in the middle and 6th graders will be on the far end, near their end of the building. The staff member at the end of the sidewalk will instruct the students between the first 2 cars and the “yellow line” to load their cars. At this point, those students will walk to their cars. Once no students are moving, the same duty person will begin moving those cars. Then, traffic will be stopped and students will load cars again. This rotation will continue until all students are loaded safely into the cars. In the afternoon, we load cars in 2 lanes. The 3rd lane is kept open to allow staff members, people attending the baseball facilities, and if needed, emergency personnel an entrance and exit to Lakeside Middle School. We know that traffic is heavy. However, it will slow down some once everyone is back to a “school routine.” Thank you for your patience and a very good start with following these procedures.
7th Grade Athletic Procedures:
· Beginning the 2nd day of school, August 16, 7th graders in athletics will leave L.M.S. promptly at 7:35 to walk either to the football field or one of the gyms.
· This will enable our students more time for practice.
· The coaches will walk over with the students.
· If your child is a car rider and arrives after 7:35, you will need to drop him or her off at the gym or field where he or she is assigned.
· If your student rides a bus and arrives after 7:35, the bus will take him or her to the gym or field.
· If your student plans to eat breakfast at school, he or she will need to arrive at L.M.S. by 7:25 in order to get breakfast prior to leaving at 7:35.
· Students will utilize the Rams’ field house, the Rams’ Complex, and the football stadium for practices. The coaches will instruct them where they will be on the first day of school.
· Exception: Girls will remain on the middle school campus every Friday the first semester for health classes and boys will remain on the middle school campus every Friday the second semester for health classes.
Middle School Cafeteria Prices
Breakfast $1.05 Reduced Breakfast $.30
Lakeside Middle School
ID # 70002822
Be sure to ask Office Depot to apply your purchases to our school's ID.
Lakeside Middle School received the Instructional Excellence Program Award from the North Central Association on Accreditation and School Improvement. This award was given for the school's strategies for teaching reading.
Lakeside Middle School, in cooperation with parents and community, is devoted to the total development of the young adolescent student, emphasizing academic excellence within a supportive learning environment while facilitating the transition to a successful future.